Breakwater Hospitality Group revealed details about its newest concept, Regatta Grove, which will open on Thursday, June 22. Situated along Biscayne Bay in Coconut Grove at the new Regatta Harbour development, the community gathering spot will come to life with exceptional activations, groovy music and lofty waterfront views that together offer a relaxed, yet elevated experience. A star-studded lineup of culinary outposts by Michelin-starred and James Beard Award-nominated chefs will line the perimeter of the city’s next hotspot, set to become the place to be for the quintessential Coconut Grove experience. Industry powerhouses and co-founders of Breakwater Hospitality Group, Emi Guerra and Alex Mantecon, are excited to expand their presence along the east coast, offering unforgettable and unparalleled entertainment venues in South Florida.
Three large bars will feature a wide selection of premium spirits, wine and beer, ensuring that guests can find the perfect beverage to suit their taste. In addition to the extensive offering of premium beverage brands, Regatta Grove will primarily focus its beverage program on an extensive list of refreshing, tropical cocktails and large format drinks made to share, all crafted with fresh fruit to compliment the open-air setting.
A diverse array of food offerings will showcase each chef's unique perspective and expertise to create an experience second to none. Regatta Grove’s culinary outposts led by renowned chefs include:
- JJ's (Guilty Pleasures) by Chef Jeremy Ford: JJ's (Guilty Pleasures) is named after the fast food and guilty pleasure items that Chef Jeremy Ford and his mother used to enjoy together. The menu consists of delicious burgers, including a mouth-watering fried soft-shell crab burger that's sure to be a hit with seafood lovers. In addition to the burgers, there are tacos, savory truffle fries, and crispy onion rings. Chef Jeremy Ford is a winner of Top Chef Season 13, a host on TV Show Fast Foodies and was recently awarded a Michelin Star for his renowned restaurant, Stubborn Seed.
- The Piefather by Chef Jose Mendin: The Piefather is a pizza and Italian restaurant concept, created and curated by five-time James Beard award-nominated Chef Jose Mendin. Each pizza is inspired by a passion for creating unique, flavorful dishes. In line with those strong values that separate The Piefather from the average pizza shop, every item on the menu is crafted to make diners feel like a true part of the Piefather family. Quality is at the core of every pizza crafted, with quality ingredients being the pillar of an unforgettable pizza. Whether it’s the signature house-made “Don” specialty sauce, imported Italian toppings or the original fresh dough, every dish is infused with passion, imagination, and attention to detail.
- Sunny Side Aussie Bites + Ice by Chef Janine Booth: Janine Booth, a Top Chef veteran and James Beard semi-finalist nominee transplanted from down under, cooks up native Australian bites in this sun-soaked waterfront cafe with love. A flavor-packed menu will feature savory Aussie pies, sausage rolls and empanadas, as well as healthy dishes like avocado toast, sunny salads and vibrant ripe fruit-filled sorbets and ice creams.
- House of Birds & Drop Biscuits by Chef Kenny Gilbert: At House of Birds, guests can indulge in Signature Fried Chicken and Artisanal Drop Biscuit Sandwiches, along with an assortment of delicious salads and sides. The signature dish features Chef Kenny Gilbert’s original Classic Chicken Sandwich paired with the mouthwatering Flavor Bomb Sauce. Chef Gilbert's impressive credentials include being a finalist on Season 7 of Top Chef, as well as publishing his highly acclaimed cookbook, Southern Cooking, Global Flavors.
- Tackle Box by Chef Jeff McInnis: A native Florida fisherman turned chef, Jeff McInnis cooks up local seafood in this waterfront fish shack with a view. From local fish tail sliders to chilled stone crab and caviar, you’ll be humbled with the freshest and best that the good ol’ Florida coast has to offer. As a Top Chef veteran and James Beard semi-finalist nominee, Chef McInnis brings his culinary expertise and knowledge to every dish he creates.
These outposts have been curated by and will be operated by CEOs and co-founders Francesco Balli and Ignacio Garcia-Menocal of Grove Bay Hospitality Group. The group is notably behind award-winning venues such as Stubborn Seed and Red Rooster Overtown, among others across South Florida, and brings an A-list roster of chef partners to craft stellar concepts at Regatta Grove.
“What sets Regatta Grove apart from any other venue in Miami is the uniqueness of its location,” says Alex Mantecon, co-founder of Breakwater Hospitality Group. “The venue is inspired by the essence of the sailing and boating community we all grew up enjoying in the neighborhood. As Miami locals, we have an immense appreciation for this community and wanted to create a one-of-a-kind experience that will resonate with the people of Coconut Grove.”
Regatta Grove encompasses approximately one acre, including three large outdoor bars and 412 seats with a total capacity for 981 people standing and seated. The nautical-themed concept takes inspiration from Florida’s coast, and the venue itself has been designed to resemble the bow of a boat. The space is surrounded by green lawn areas for a variety of new entertainment and wellness programming. The venue features multiple decks, a walkway to the waterfront, direct access to the marina and dockage for guests who would like to arrive by boat. Regatta Grove was designed by John Cardello from Cube 3, with finishes designed by Hexecute.
“Regatta Grove is a one-of-a-kind concept and a special opportunity for our team to bring a fresh perspective on waterfront entertainment to South Florida,” says Emi Guerra, co-founder of Breakwater Hospitality Group. “Breakwater Hospitality Group’s goal is to continue elevating entertainment experiences while bringing innovative activations, creative beverage programs and chef-driven dining concepts together in one convenient location. Regatta Grove is an evolution of our current concepts, remaining in line with our company’s purpose and identity. We are excited to welcome guests to experience all Regatta Grove has to offer this summer. ”
Regatta Grove is located at 3415 Pan American Drive, Miami, FL 33133 at Regatta Harbour
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.