The U.S. Championship Cheese Contest Judging took place at Lambeau Field in Green Bay this week, and BelGioioso Cheese was awarded six prestigious medals out of a total of 2,555 entries from 35 different states. Five first place gold medals and one third place Bronze medal will be awarded to BelGioioso Cheesemakers during the April awards ceremony in Madison.
“Forty years ago, we started producing only one cheese, Sharp Provolone,” says Errico Auricchio, President BelGioioso Cheese. “Today, we make over 27 different varieties. Winning medals in a wide variety of classes showcases that our Cheesemakers are truly crafting some of the best cheeses in the United States.”
“The first place medals represent a variety of our cheeses, including Sharp Provolone, Parmesan, Crema di Mascarpone, Fresh Mozzarella and our newest cheese Artigiano Vino Rosso,” says Gaetano Auricchio, Executive Vice President. “My father started with a goal to create great cheeses here in the U.S. and our Cheesemaker’s expertise is key to our award-winning quality. We now have eight certified Master Cheesemakers on staff and they are all very passionate about their craft.”
BelGioioso Cheesemakers were recognized with a total of six awards in the contest:
- 1st Place Gold Medal – BelGioioso Parmesan (Parmesan Class) Tim Dudek 99.20 score
- 1st Place Gold Medal – BelGioioso Aged Provolone Mandarini (Aged Provolone Class) Kevin Benzel –98.65 score
- 1st Place Gold Medal – BelGioioso Crema di Mascarpone (Open Class Soft Cheeses) Randy Wolter 99.45 score
- 1st Place Gold Medal – BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella Snacking (Natural Snack Class) Ryan Healy 99.00 score
- 1st Place Gold Medal – La Bottega di BelGioioso Artigiano Vino Rosso (Open Class Flavored Cheeses) Davide Toffolon – 99.45 score
- 3rd Place Bronze Medal – BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella Prosciutto & Fresh Basil Roll (Prepared Food) Peter Gretzinger –99.45 score
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.