Beehive Cheese, makers of fine artisan cheeses, won Super Gold and six additional awards on November 4 at the World Cheese Awards held in Oviedo, Spain. The Super Gold win for Queen Bee Porcini was the highest award given to a U.S. producer this year.
A total of 4,079 cheeses from 45 countries entered the competition hosted by the Guild of Fine Foods. Only seventeen producers from the United States won awards at the competition, with Beehive Cheese capturing seven total awards for themselves.
World Cheese Awards 2021 Medal Details:
- 1. Super Gold Medal: Queen Bee Porcini, Beehive’s newest cheddar rubbed with crushed porcini mushrooms
- 2. Gold Medal: Red Butte Hatch Chile, cheddar rubbed with New Mexico Hatch chiles 3. Silver Medal: Promontory, cheddar aged 6-months
- 4. Silver Medal: Seahive, cheddar rubbed with Redmond Real Salt and local wildflower honey
- 5. Silver Medal: Teahive, cheddar rubbed with Earl Grey tea
- 6. Bronze Medal: Pour Me A Slice, cheddar infused with Basil Hayden whiskey 7. Bronze Medal: Barely Buzzed, cheddar rubbed with espresso and lavender
All of Beehive’s cheeses can be purchased at www.beehivecheese.com, Smith’s, Harmon’s, and other local retailers. Queen Bee Porcini was released in 2021 and is available at Sprouts Farmers Market and at Beehive Cheese’s creamery location in Uintah.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.