Denver-based Ardent Mills, a premier flour-milling and ingredient company, is returning to the annual Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) Meeting & Food Expo. This year’s show will take place from July 15-18, 2018, at Chicago’s McCormick Place, where the Ardent Mills Mobile Innovation Center (MIC) will showcase a growing portfolio of grain innovations at Booth S1017.
Leading Grain-based Innovations:
Ardent Mills has a deep history of cultivating lasting relationships with farmers, university research teams, customers and partners to identify, source, grow and pioneer leading-edge ingredients. Ardent Mills is committed to creating what’s next in a new era of grain, including:
- Individually Quick Frozen (IQF): Providing the flavor, texture and nutrition of fully cooked grains in a convenient, ready-to-eat, pourable frozen form.
- Crisps: The crisping process transforms whole grains into a ready-to-eat product with unique eye appeal, flavor and texture.
- Ancient & Heirloom Grains, including Spelt and White Sonora in flours, crisps and IQF.
- Pulseful: Our new line of pulses, including chickpeas, available whole, in flour and in blends.
- Sustagrain Barley available in kernels, flakes, flours, crisps and IQF.
- Ardent Mills Great Plains Quinoa, grown in North America and available in whole seeds, whole grain flour, crisps, IQF and flakes.
- Ultragrain Whole Wheat Flour, including hard and soft varieties and organic options.
- Mixes & Blends: From bakery and pizza mixes to pre-mixed/custom grain and seed blends.
- Organic Flours & Grains: Our family of organic flours and grains offers quality, consistency and scalability.SafeGuard Flour and SafeGuard Treatment and Delivery System: Our solution for flour- and grain-related food safety concerns, SafeGuard helps maintain flour’s natural flavor, color, absorption, appearance and gluten functionality, while reducing raw flour-related pathogen risk up to 5 logs or 99.999 percent. It is suitable for ready-to-eat applications. A line of pathogen-reduced ancient and heirloom grains using the SafeGuard system are also available.
Culinary Grain Innovation
Ardent Mills’ culinary team will be serving delicious and creative grain-based dishes from the MIC, which includes a full kitchen and baking center. A three-day sampling menu will show industry professionals how spelt, pulses, North American grown quinoa, IGF grains, crisps and other grain innovations can meet the demand for simple, delicious, safe and wholesome foods.
Some of innovative grain-based menu samples will include:
- Build Your Own Bowl Stations: Build-a-Breakfast Bowl with IQF grains and a variety of breakfast toppings. In the afternoon, build an IQF grain bowl featuring tipped with various flavors, including fajita chicken, Korean BBQ or globally inspired curries.
- Quinoa Falafel: Made with IQF Great Plains Quinoa and IQF Red Quinoa and served with tzatziki sauce.
- Chilaquiles: Featuring White Sonora Flour, IQF Red Quinoa, and IQF Great Plains Quinoa and served with sour cream and green onions.
Ardent Mills will also be introducing The Annex by Ardent Mills (“The Annex”) to IFT attendees. The Annex is a team of experts dedicated to bringing a broad portfolio of plant and specialty grain innovations to the industry, including ancient and heirloom grains, pulses, barley and organic products available in unique formats such as crisps and Individually Quick Frozen (IQF) grains, perfectly cooked and ready for culinary inspiration. With farmer relationships, custom growing and identity-preserved programs, The Annex is dedicated to bringing you tomorrow’s specialty grains and plant-based ingredients, today.
“Our goal is to complement and leverage the capabilities of Ardent Mills by innovating with ancient and heirloom grains, pulses, and new product formats,” says Shrene White, general manager of The Annex. “We are in this space to provide diversity to the family farms we work with and to support innovation and cultivate ideas to help build our customers’ businesses, in fresh or packaged prepared foods, snacks, sides, bakery, beverage and more.”
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.