- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound alligator fillets, thinly sliced or pounded thin
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1 10-ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons coarse-grain Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Yield: 4 servings
- Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add alligator meat and sauté quickly, 1 minute per side. Remove and keep warm.
- Add shallots to skillet and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add brandy to skillet and deglaze by stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of pan.
- Stir in soup, milk, mustard, and parsley.
- Simmer over low heat until sauce is smooth and thick.
- To serve, spoon Dijon sauce over alligator scaloppini.