The American Culinary Federation (ACF), the nation’s premier organization of professional chefs, will honor 11 establishments nationwide with Achievement of Excellence Awards at the 2012 ACF National Convention held at the Orlando World Center Marriott, Orlando, Florida from July 14-17.
Achievement of Excellence Awards recognize foodservice establishments that exemplify a commitment to excellence in their area. Criteria for the award are: being in operation for at least five consecutive years; nomination by an ACF chapter, member, or individual in the foodservice profession; and being a recognized industry leader.
Here are the 2012 award winners:
- Carnival Cruise Lines’ Emerald Room Steakhouse, Carnival Glory, Miami
- Chiara, Westwood, Massachusetts
- Laurel Creek Country Club, Mount Laurel, New Jersey
- MoonFish, Orlando, Florida
- Niagara Falls Country Club, Lewiston, New York
- St. Charles Hospital, Port Jefferson, New York
- St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center, Syracuse, New York
- The Breakers Palm Beach, Palm Beach, Forida
- The Sanctuary Golf Club, Sanibel, Florida
- VIVO Seasonal Trattoria, Hartford, Connecticut
- White Manor Country Club, Malvern, Pennsylvania
More than 1,000 chefs, cooks, students, and foodservice professionals will descend on the Sunshine State for the 2012 ACF National Convention, which provides attendees with numerous opportunities to advance their professional development and enhance their culinary skills through informative workshops and seminars, cutting-edge demonstrations, a trade show featuring more than 100 exhibitors, and competitions and awards.