Top foodservice industry professionals and their fans gathered at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center for the 36th Annual RAMMY Awards as Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington (RAMW) announced winners in 21 award categories.
The selection process for the winners involved two esteemed groups, the voting public and an anonymous panel of volunteer judges, consisting of food and dining journalists, educators and foodservice industry professionals. The voting public decided the winners in four categories: Favorite Gathering Place of the Year, Upscale Brunch, Everyday Casual Brunch and Favorite Fast Bites.
RAMW honored four additional members with the Joan Hisaoka Allied Member of the Year, given to USI Insurance Services for exemplifying commitment to and support of RAMW, the Duke Zeibert Capital Achievement Award, presented to restaurant founder and publican Daniel J. Coleman for his hard work and outstanding initiative that has increased the profile and success of the metropolitan Washington foodservice community, the Exceptional Leadership & Impact Award presented to José Andrés and Patricia Fernandez de la Cruz for their remarkable contributions to the Washington, DC region, and for their incredible efforts they have taken as citizens of the world, and the 2018 Honorary Milestone RAMMY Award given to Tony and Joe’s, a Georgetown dining staple celebrating 30 years on the Washington Harbour. These awards were determined by RAMW’s Executive Committee.
The winners of the 36th Annual RAMMY Awards are:
- Upscale Brunch of the Year: Osteria Morini
- Casual Brunch of the Year: Ambar Capitol Hill
- Favorite Gathering Place of the Year: The Daily Dish
- Favorite Fast Bites of the Year: Moby Dick House of Kabob
- Rising Culinary Star of the Year: Gerald Addison and Chris Morgan, Compass Rose Bar + Kitchen, Maydan
- Beer Program of the Year: Owen’s Ordinary
- Cocktail Program of the Year: Espita Mezcaleria
- Wine Program of the Year: BOURBON STEAK
- Joan Hisaoka Allied Member of the Year: USI Insurance Services
- Regional Food and Beverage Producer of the Year: Right Proper Brewing Company
- Employee of the Year: Andrea Tateosian, Urbana
- Manager of the Year: Heidi Minora, Commissary
- Upscale Casual Restaurant of the Year: Clarity
- Casual Restaurant of the Year: Ivy City Smokehouse Tavern
- Service Program of the Year: minibar by José Andrés
- Restaurateur of the Year: Ari Gejdenson, Mindful Restaurants
- Pastry Chef of the Year: Tiffany MacIsaac, Buttercream Bakeshop
- Formal Fine Dining Restaurant of the Year: Masseria
- New Restaurant of the Year: CHIKO
- Chef of the Year: Amy Brandwein, Centrolina
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.