More than 20 Boston area chefs competed in the Lamb Jam cook-off, held April 13 and sponsored by the American Lamb Board. Chef Nemo Bolin of Cook & Brown Public House earned the Best in Show award.
A panel of judges selected the following chefs as winners in their categories:
- Best in Show/Best in Ground Lamb: Chef Nemo Bolin, Cook & Brown Public House, with Merguez Scotch Egg with Herb Yogurt
- People’s Choice: Chef Jim Solomon, The Fireplace, with Pomegranate Glazed Lamb Shanks with Arugula Pesto and Toasted Walnut Porridge
- Best in Leg (a tie): Chef Graham Botto, Back Bay Grill with Grilled Leg of Lamb on Pretzel Bread with Parsley, Fava Beans, and Bone Marrow Salad of Back Bay Grill, and Chef Brian Reyelt, Citizen Public House & Oyster Bar with Lamb Leg “McNuggets” with Lamb Fat Ranch
- Best in Shank: Chef Daniel Bojorquez, La Brasa with Lamb Shank Pozole
- Best Shoulder: Chef Beau Vestal, New Rivers with Lamb Merguez Hotdog and Sweet Hawaiian Roll
Chef Bolin, along with Lamb Jam winners from Seattle, Washington, D.C., and San Francisco, will convene this fall to compete for the title of Master at the American Lamb Jam as part of Sunset Savor the Central Coast in San Luis Obispo County.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.