- New Concepts: FSR gives you a look at David Burke's new NYC concept, fabrick. We also chatted with Chef Bart Vandaele, the creator of Belgium Restaurant Week in D.C., who shared what he's learned a year into operating D.C. eatery B Too.
- Health: Red Robin unveiled its interactive allergen menu this month, giving it a competitive edge in the casual dining sector.
- Sustainability: The Chefs Collaborative expanded its Trash Fish idea to Charleston, S.C., where five chefs will cook dinner next week using fish that's typically thrown overboard.
- Finance: Cracker Barrel reported its February–April financial results, and found that fewer guests visited its stores, but those that did spent more money.
- Chain Restaurants: TGI Fridays launched its Summer of Fridays, complete with a food truck tour in major U.S. cities. The timing coincides with a menu revamp; Fridays is dumping the laminated menu for the first time in 25 years, elevating its dishes, and enhancing gluten-sensitive options.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.
read more about