California Pizza Kitchen announced the official debut of its Next Chapter menu, rolling out first at the chain's Market Square at Arden Fair location in Sacramento, California, with other markets to follow. The enhanced menu is the second phase in the transformation of the Sacramento restaurant. In November, California Pizza Kitchen unveiled an extensive remodel that serves as an elevated backdrop to a reimagined dining experience.
The carefully curated menu has an inspired selection of new main plates and, for midday diners who like to mix it up, an all-new selection of Lunch Duos with dozens of pairing combinations. In addition, the new beverage menu features an adventurous selection of cocktails made with the freshest ingredients and unique flavor combinations. Artfully hand-tossed pizzas remain a signature, with classic and fresh, seasonal ingredients.
"When people think of California Pizza Kitchen, the first thing that comes to mind is probably our signature California-style pizzas," says California Pizza Kitchen CEO GJ Hart, whose vision is taking the company back to its roots of innovation, from the food to the restaurant design to the service. "While we are most certainly proud of our pizza, we are excited and eager to introduce these new dishes in Sacramento. They illustrate our trademark California creativity and the inventive flavor profiles that also distinguish our classic menu items."
- Fire-Grilled Ribeye: A 12-ounce USDA choice ribeye grilled with housemade Pinot Noir sea salt and topped with creamy bleu cheese butter. Served with roasted fingerling potatoes and lemon-garlic arugula salad. Pairs well with Rodney Strong Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Hearth-Roasted Halibut: Wild caught from the Aleutian Islands, roasted on a cedar plank with butternut squash farro and grilled asparagus. Pairs well with Clos du Bois Unoaked Chardonnay.
Guests can choose any two options from a selection of 7-inch pizzas, salads, half sandwiches (with the option to order a full size), and soups. Examples of pairings include California Pizza Kitchen's Original BBQ Chicken Pizza with a Caesar salad; a Shaved Mushroom + Spinach Pizza and the new Farmers Market Soup, with roasted squash, market vegetables, and a touch of cream; and a half Oven-Roasted Turkey + Brie Sandwich with a Super Spinach + Quinoa Salad.
- Sunny Side Up Bacon + Potato Pizza: Shaved fingerling potatoes, Nueske's applewood smoked bacon, caramelized leeks, Parmesan, Mozzarella, and fresh cracked black pepper. Topped with two sunny side up eggs.
- Lobster Roll Flatbread: Maine Lobster, mayo, fresh herbs, arugula, and shaved red onions on a Parmesan flatbread.
- Harvest Kale Salad: Baby kale, toasted farro, heirloom carrots, napa cabbage, red grapes, marinated cranberries, almonds, and goat cheese tossed with housemade citrus vinaigrette.
- Roasted Garlic Chicken + Seasonal Vegetables: Crispy-skin chicken breast in lemon-garlic sauce, with hearth-roasted cauliflower, fingerling potatoes, and Mediterranean herbs.
The new beverage menu features a wide selection of hand-crafted cocktails made with fresh juices, fruits, purées, and herbs. Among them are the California Roots, made with Svedka Vodka, fresh avocado, mint, and fresh Agave Sour with a fennel salt rim; The Executive Decision, with Casamigos Blanco Tequila, muddled mint, fresh Agave Sour, Monin Organic Agave Nectar, and fresh lime; and the Blueberry Ginger Smash, with Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey, Monin Organic Agave Nectar, Domaine de Canton Ginger liqueur, fresh blueberries, lime, and cranberry juice.
From 3-6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. to close, Monday through Thursday, the new bar offers a happy hour menu with special prices on cocktails, wine, beer, and select appetizers and small plates. Also new to the menu are happy hour pairings, which allow guests to choose a flatbread (Shaved Mushroom + Spinach, Spicy Fennel Sausage + Poblano, and Bianco) and either a draft beer or a glass of wine for $9 or $10, respectively.
In addition to the menu changes, Market Square's recent remodel incorporates flexible seating and communal tables, new dishes and glassware, and an upscale-yet-relaxed aesthetic that meshes with a warm and inviting color palette. The new look was developed with sustainability in mind and California's environmental roots are evident in the use of unfinished, reclaimed wood inside and outside of the restaurant, offering a casual but refined feel to the dining experience.