PreGel AMERICA, the U.S. subsidiary of the largest specialty dessert ingredient manufacturer in the world, is proud to present some of the world’s finest culinary talent to its 2013 5-Star Pastry Series line-up. The series provides an opportunity for established culinary professionals to sharpen and increase their skills in the art of pastry at PreGel’s state-of-the-art Professional Training Center in Concord, North Carolina.
The 5-Star Pastry Series is slated to present nine classes in 2013. Joining the legacy of top-notch pastry chef instructors are Frederic Hawecker, MOF; Jean Michel Perruchon, MOF & Director of Ecole Gastronomique Bellouet Conseil; Olivier Bajard, MOF; Johann Martin, Instructor at Ecole Gastronomique Bellouet Conseil; Jerome Landrieu, Head of Chicago Chocolate Academy; Ramon Morato, Director of Aula Chocovic; Michael Laiskonis, Creative Director for the Institute of Culinary Education; Bernd Siefert, Owner Café Siefert; and Laurent Branlard, Executive Pastry Chef, Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Hotel. Each will teach the following three-day seminars which are all ACF-certified for continuing education credits.*
- The Fine Art of Boutique-Style Pastries and Petit Fours with Frederic Hawecker, February 19-21, 2013
- Modern Pastry Buffet with Jean Michel Perruchon, March 19-21, 2013
- Innovative Techniques for Entremets, Tarts, and Verrines with Olivier Bajard, April 22-24, 2013
- The Art and Technology of Sugar Showpieces with Johann Martin, May 6-8, 2013
- All Things Chocolate with Jerome Landrieu, June 10-12, 2013
- Patisserie with Ramon Morato, July 15-17, 2013
- Modern Methods and Techniques in Plated Desserts with Michael Laiskonis, September 9-11, 2013
- International & German Pastries with Bernd Siefert, Oct. 29-31, 2013
- The Art of Sugar Showpieces and Techniques for Pastillage with Laurent Branlard, November 11-13, 2013
The line-up of international chefs for 2013’s 5-Star Pastry Series is very impressive and we are very excited about offering such unique chefs and classes,” says Frederic Monti, corporate chef, PreGel AMERICA and mastermind behind the series. “This program continues to showcase its ability to evolve and grow year after year, and that’s because it promotes a learning environment where ideas and techniques are shared to help elevate the entire industry as a whole.”
Registration for PreGel’s 5-Star Pastry Series seminars is available online at www.5-StarPastrySeries.com and the registration fee includes hotel, shuttle transportation to and from the hotel, breakfast, lunch, and cocktail event.
*ACF Certification hours for each class are still pending but all classes will have them and they will be posted as soon as assigned.