The award-winning casual-dining franchise Quaker Steak & Lube, known for its Best Wings USA and more than 20 sauces, awarded Paragon Restaurant Group, LLC with the coveted 2012 Franchisee of the Year Award at their annual franchise conference in Clearwater Beach, Florida, earlier this month. Led by Jim Combs, Paragon Restaurant Group owns and operates three Quaker Steak & Lube restaurants. Two are located in Cincinnati, Ohio and their newest location opened in Florence, Kentucky, this past October. The Franchisee of the Year award recognizes a person or company for their continued efforts inspiring other franchisees, being a leader in the Quaker Steak & Lube system, practicing advanced business ethics, and their loyal commitment to the Quaker Steak & Lube brand.
“Paragon Restaurant Group, LLC continues to live out our promise and mission statement,” says John Longstreet, president and chief executive officer, Quaker Steak & Lube. “Their operations are impeccable with an immaculately clean front and back of the house, and they continue to run at a consistent high level for food, quality, and service. We couldn’t be happier to award this fantastic group with the Franchisee of the Year award!”
Fifteen other awards given to vendors, outstanding restaurants and franchise groups at the Annual Quaker Steak & Lube Franchise Conference included:
· Lube “Bar” Cation Award: Fredericksburg, Virginia
· Ray Travaglini Award for Community Service: Scott Enterprises.
· Impact Manager of the Year Award: Rocky Bauer, Mentor, Ohio
· Food Vendor of the Year Award: Ken’s Food.
· Non-Food Vendor of the Year Award: Trimark SS Kemp and Wasserstrom.
· Best Creative Marketing Event Award: Middleton, Wisconsin for the Bud Light Extreme Summer Giveaway.
· Brand Excellence Award for Highest Operational Standards:
o Canton, Ohio
o Greenville, S.C.
o Harrisonburg, Virginia
o Mentor, Ohio
· Franchisee Developer of the Year Award: Nash Real Estate Group – Jack and Nancy Harvard.
· Beverage Vendor of the Year Award: MillerCoors.
· Most Improved LSM Program of the Year Award: Knoxville, Tennessee
· Most Improved Restaurant of the Year Award: Columbus, Ohio
· New Restaurant of the Year Award: Brick, N.J.
· Cleanliness Award: Paragon Restaurant Group, LLC for Milford, Colerain & Florence.
· Special Recognition Award: Scott Enterprises for the National Buffalo Wing Festival.
· Unique Marketing Events Restaurant of the Year Award: Sharon, Pennsylvania
· Local Store Marketing Program of the Year Award: Valley View, Ohio
The awards ceremony was attended by more than 300 including 27 franchise owners, 39 general managers from corporate and franchise locations, 13 franchise representatives, and 130 additional representatives from 97 different companies.